Host an Academy
The NHGA will work with you to navigate the details involved in coordinating an Academy for your organization.
And last but not least, anything else we can think of, usually the impossible at the most inopportune time. Just kidding, but there can be other items that arise and are site specific. This is why it is best, if at all possible, to have a host agency liaison that is detailed to NHGA staff for the duration of the class. This doesn’t have to be the same person the entire week, but it would add to the consistency and overall flow of the class.
- Casket (2)
- Church truck (cart)
- Casket flags (one per eight students)
- Flags, harnesses and weapons for Color Detail (one set per 4-6 students) Agencies can bring their own equipment
- Hearse (available when at Funeral Home/Cemetery)
- Rifles and blank ammunition for firing detail, if applicable
- Water coolers/rehab, if applicable